nav-left cat-right

Water Mold Fire Restoration of Jersey City- Intro

The very first thing you should consider is the danger of mold and mildew from water and fire and damage. You must always hire a professional for extensive water and fire damage restoration. Your safety and health could be in jeopardy if proper procedures are not implemented and let me also emphasize that if these health hazards are not properly addressed, your insurance company could deny the claim by declaring “owner neglect”. You don’t want an extended illness or even death and neither does your insurance company want this liability.Do you want to learn more? Visit Water Mold Fire Restoration of Jersey City

Before you start the process of hiring a contractor to restore your home, become savvy about what you are about to encounter and here are a few tips:

The two elements of smoke damage are “soot” and “odor”. Soot is visible and can be surface cleaned, odor may not be noticed immediately however a professional knows where to look and how to remove or encapsulate the problem areas. This is done by the removal of structural components that have charring, smoke damage or moisture damage. The HVAC systems need to inspected, replaced, or restored as needed. Deodorizing each room using an ozone generator to eradicate smoke odors will probably be needed.

You need to evaluate what is salvageable and what is beyond repair, for this you may have to depend on a professional to advise you. If you let emotion direct you in making these decisions you might be spending your insurance money on items that should have been disposed of.

Now that you are somewhat savvy on what you are about to get into, it is time to select a professional water and fire restoration company. Assure yourself that they are established in your community with longevity. Scrutinize their past customer’s references to assess their quality of work and integrity. If they are reputable, they will have proper insurance such as, workers compensation and liability and you want to be listed as the “insured” on the “Certificate of Liability Insurance”.

Unless the water and fire damage was extremely minor, you will most likely need to vacate your home, therefore you must hire an experienced professional to complete restoration rapidly to get you back into your home. Make sure all agreements are in writing with a contract or a detailed written work proposal, including items as time frames, guarantees on work performed, and so on.